Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Hogwarts Astronomy Club ~ Open [2055 - 2056] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie

Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 2:27 pm
User Image

Leave my door open just a crack. 'Cause I feel like such an insomniac
Why do I tire of counting sheep when I'm far too tired to fall asleep?
To ten million fireflies, I'm weird cause I hate goodbyes
I got misty eyes as they said farewell

Walking into the Astronomy tower, Calliope saw a few other girls, though they were all older. The blonde felt a bit out of place, especially since she didn't know anyone. Honestly, she had just wanted to learn more (and have an excuse to look at the stars later into the night). She walked over to a telescope, quietly pulling out the star chart book her father had made for her. Everything was beautifully hand drawn, all the names written in his fancy, old-world script. Every time she looked at it, it made her heart ache a little bit. Callie glanced at the older girls again, then looked out at the stars above. It was truly a beautiful night.

—————————————————————————
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Astronomy Tower
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Older girls
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Astronomy Club
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? The stars are their own special magic

But I'll know where several are if my dreams get real bizarre
'Cause I saved a few and I keep them in a jar
I'd like to make myself believe that planet earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 2:43 pm
User Image
                                                ╔════════════════════════════╗
                                                Lucas Morris
                                                Fifteen Years Old - Fifth Year - Hufflepuff - Beater - Pureblood
                                                ╚════════════════════════════╝

((OOC: outfit in top picture))

Lucas strolled into the tower with his telescope. As he walked in, he immediately noticed the four other members who had already shown up. “Hey, guys. Or girls,” he said, chuckling. The Astronomy Club seemed like it would attract more guys than it actually did, but Luke didn’t mind. He got to spend all his time here with pretty girls who had at least one thing in common with him – they liked outer space. “How’s it going?” He had probably been the closest with Lavinia, considering she was in his year. Aidene, he had gotten to know a lot more last year when he decided to join the club. But he hadn’t recognized the two younger girls. “Hi, I’m Lucas,” he said, introducing himself to them both.

I won't waste no time thinking about you anymore
                                                I won't waste no time talking about you anymore 'cause now I got new problems

murruelecreuset
Cara MiaKitty
addaellis
Miss GryffindorK

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:02 pm
User Image User Image
Lavinia Elena Gismondi
Ravenclaw Sixth Year
Halfblood Young Backpacker Chaser

Location : Astronomy Club (Saturday Night 2050)

Lavinia was looking forward to Astronomy club. It was the one thing that was truly calming. Granted it was on a Saturday night which was okay considering the mundane Friday class schedule she had the day before. It also helped in that she could get her homework accomplished halfway through the week. Course today wasn’t reserved for homework as she was hoping to catch a glimpse of some very bright spots in the sky. It was certainly relaxing that was for sure.

Waiting for someone else to arrive Lavinia prayed that people would so. It was always more fun being in the astronomy tower with friends or at least people she knew. Maybe Aidene would join them, she seemed to be a late-night person still. It would be nice to see her around more that was for sure. Aidene was her closest friend it would be a shame not to hang out, especially with her not playing Quidditch.

Company : Club members...

OOC : - - -

A curious one, aren't you?
                                                  The simplest answer to most things is 'magic'
                                                  Though I wager you'll want a more complete answer than that
                                                  Adventurous spirit, sharp mind
                                                  Yes, you're well suited to
                                                  Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:29 pm
User Image

Leave my door open just a crack. 'Cause I feel like such an insomniac
Why do I tire of counting sheep when I'm far too tired to fall asleep?
To ten million fireflies, I'm weird cause I hate goodbyes
I got misty eyes as they said farewell

Calliope had been waiting excitedly for Astronomy club to open. Since it was Saturday, the blonde had been able to sleep in and avoid a brunt of the morning sunlight. She stayed indoors, as she always did. It was a shame that there wasn't enough time to explore outdoors between nightfall and curfew. Oh well, there was always time to visit the towers. She grabbed her Astronomy Journal and her textbook, then hurried across the castle.

Once in the tower, Callie offered a grin to the leader of the club. "Good evening, I hope the stars find you well~" She moved to sit beside a telescope, setting out her notes from class. They were working on planets, but the second year had always had a preference for the stars. Planets were all well and good, but not nearly as wonderful as all the constellations. Perhaps someday the class would shift focus...

✯ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Captain Lavinia
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? It's a nice clear night

murruelecreuset

But I'll know where several are if my dreams get real bizarre
'Cause I saved a few and I keep them in a jar
I'd like to make myself believe that planet earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems

Cinnabun Gryffie

Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:17 pm
User Image
                                                ╔════════════════════════════╗
                                                Lucas Morris
                                                Sixteen Years Old - Sixth Year - Hufflepuff - Beater - Pureblood
                                                Member of the Astronomy Club

╚════════════════════════════╝

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

Lucas stepped into the tower with his telescope in one hand and a half eaten apple in the other. “Good evening,” he greeted both Lavinia and Calliope before placing his telescope on the counter. Luke took another bite of his apple, deciding to finish it off before properly setting up his telescope as he didn’t want to touch it with sticky fingers. “How has the first week treated you?” he asked once he finished off his apple. Pulling out a hand wipe, Lucas cleaned off the stickiness, then proceeded to set up the telescope. Once it was set up, the sixth year peered through the lens with one eye. “What are we looking for tonight?” he asked.

murruelecreuset
Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:33 am
User Image

Aɪᴅᴇɴᴇ Aᴢᴜʀᴀ Kɪᴇʀᴀɴ

sixth year || Ravenclaw || pureblood vampire
Art Club doodler || Astronomy Club friend || Adventurer's Guild cleric || Cooking Club challenger
Dueling Club duelist (winter) || Fencing club senior || Fite Club founder || Quidditch beater

Aidene dashed up the stairs to the Astronomy tower, relishing in the full speed and physical abilities of a vampire. Sure she wasn’t parkouring across the Grand Staircase, but she could now dash up the staircase to Astronomy without losing breath. That was pretty cool. It wasn’t just getting up in record time that had her in a good mood-- Aidene had thought she was going to be early for Astronomy that night because she was only dropping something off at Adventurer’s Guild. But somehow or another she’d ended up staying much longer, but she’d had a great time. So maybe this was possible to do a bunch of her old clubs!

She stopped short of the door, took a breath and entered the room, remembering to keep her voice soft, as she was over an hour late. ”Hey,” she greeted, picking an empty spot to quickly set her telescope up. Something here smelled like apples.

Ahh… Speaking of Astronomy, Aidene...hadn’t turned in an essay this week, had she? Did she even remember what the homework this week was? Not altogether surprising, but still, whoops. Aidene had continued Astronomy and Potions solely because she could still attend them, but honestly with self-studying she probably was spending the least time on them. Her eyes flickered outside to the stars, and then back at her relaxing Astronomy Club friends. Alright. Mission received: Do better in Astronomy and Potions. Step 1: ”Alright, embarrassing question as I interrupt, but Liv, Lucas, do either of you remember what the Astronomy homework due next week is?”

Miss GryffindorK

kiska166"

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Legends never die
They become a part of you
Every time you bleed for reaching greatness
Relentless you survive

~"Legends Never Die" by Against the Current

addaellis

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:21 pm
User Image
                                                ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                Lucas Morris
                                                Seventeen Years Old - Seventeen Year - Hufflepuff - Beater - Pureblood
                                                Leader of the Astronomy Club

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

((OOC: First meeting back from winter break. Meetings have been going on all year.))

Lucas’ winter break consisted of lots and lots of packing, moving, and unpacking. His mother had gotten married in October, and the next steps were for the Davis family and the Drage family to merge into one big happy family in one big happy house. His mother and new step father had spent the last few months looking for a new home, and they waited until Christmas break to move. He figured they only waited because they didn’t feel like packing up all four kids’ belongings.

Lucas was really glad to be back at Hogwarts and away from his new family. Well, partly away. His new step siblings were students at Hogwarts, too. But he didn’t talk to Marcia or Caden much or really at all aside from greeting each other in passing. Luke was especially glad to be back in the Astronomy club, especially tonight as he was expecting a meteor shower. Might be a little difficult to see through the clouds, he realized, but it was still worth trying to watch.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:46 pm
User Image

What you got if you ain't got love? The kind that you just want to give away
It's okay to open up. Go ahead and let the light shine through
I know it's hard on a rainy day, you wanna shut the world out and just be left alone
But don't run out on your faith, 'cause sometimes that mountain you've been climbing
Is just a grain of sand and what you've been out there searching for forever
Is in your hands. And when you figure out love is all that matters after all
It sure makes everything else seem so small

Callie was excited for Astronomy club, especially since she heard there was a meteor shower tonight. She donned her comfiest jumper and grabbed her satchel. With her small, quick steps, she hurried across the castle. It was one of the best times because she wouldn't get in trouble for being out late. She climbed into the tower, spotting only Lucas - the new captain. "Good evening, Lucas. Are you excited about the show tonight?" The blonde looked up and out at the sky, taking a deep breath of the chilly night air. The girl sat by the window and set up her telescope and grabbed her astronomy books. It was cloudy, but hopefully it'd still be a beautiful sight.

✯ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Lucas
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I can't wait for the stars

kiska166

It's so easy to get lost inside a problem that seems so big at the time
It's like a river that's so wide it swallows you whole
While you're sitting around thinking about what you can't change
And worrying about all the wrong things, time's flying by, moving so fast
You better make it count 'cause you can't get it back

Cinnabun Gryffie

Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie

Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:55 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx♡ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Astronomy Tower
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? The stars and the moon
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Astronomy Club
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Such a beautiful sight

Callie was quite excited. After Lucas had graduated, she was offered the position of Astronomy Club Captain. She loved the club with all her heart, so it was very exciting that she got to take care of it for a few years. Walking into the tower, the blonde carefully set out a few extra telescopes, then set out copies of the various textbooks on the table. She then set the lights so they'd be able to see, while also being able to view the night sky. Plus... Callie just hated bright lights, especially at nighttime. The sun was down, it was the moon's time to shine. Stepping to the edge of the tower, Callie took a deep breath of fresh air, sighing happily to the universe. It was going to be a lovely night.

Wanna feel the warm breeze, sleep under a palm tree
          Feel the rush of the ocean, get onboard a fast train
          Travel on a jet plane, far away and breakaway
          I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly! I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
          And I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change and breakaway
          Out of the darkness and into the sun, I won't forget all the ones that I love
          I gotta take a risk, take a chance, make a change, and breakaway!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:40 pm

User Image♥♡
SPARROW KIYA WINCHESTER

fifth year || Gryffindor prefect || pureblood
Drama club director|| Music club || Quidditch announcer
Astronomy (fall) || Namaste Club (spring)

It was Saturday evening. Sparrow had spent all day in the Drama club room organizing activities for Drama Club and reading potential scripts for their show, but when she got back to her dorm and got ready for bed, sleep eluded her like it never had before. She tossed and turned before finally getting up. She wrapped a winter coat around her pajamas and climbed the stairs to the Astronomy tower. The loneliness pressed around her like a ghost walking in time with her, but she took long deep breaths and slowly made her wait upstairs.

”Good evening Callie,” Sparrow greeted the younger club captain, and looked around. ”Am I fashionably late for Astronomy Club? Or remarkably early?” Either way, she wrapped her coat around her a little and pulled a chair over. ”I couldn’t sleep and remembered the club met around now. Could I share your telescope tonight? What are we looking at?”

setting Astronomy Club? || with Callie
appearance 5'6", soft || hair color white + messy bed head || wearing pajamas + coat spelled black
status Ari's one of these stars out there now....

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you....

♡♥
~"For Good" from Wicked, sung by Kristin Chenoweth and Idina Menzel. Harp cover by Chanah Ambuter.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie

Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:57 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx♡ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Astronomy Tower
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? A beautiful little bird
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Astronomy Club
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Such a beautiful sight

Callie looked over when someone entered the Astronomy Tower. Ah, it was Sparrow Winchester. Callie hadn't ever particularly hung out with the girl much, but her reputation proceeded her. Even more than that, her energy typically brought about a swirl of energy. Lately, unfortunately, it seemed as though her energy was waning. "Why, good evening, Sparrow~ It's lovely to see you here tonight. What must the stars have in plan for us to meet on such a soft night?" Her lilting tones faded as she spoke, a small smile on her lips.

She pulled a chair over, then asked about sharing her telescope. "Of course you can share. I was just looking at Saturn, who decided to grace us with his presence. If you look just there you can see the faint rings." She scooted over so Sparrow would have a clear view. "If there's anything you want to see, please let me know. I'll try to find it for you." She offered a grin, hoping that would help restore her aura.

addaellis

Wanna feel the warm breeze, sleep under a palm tree
          Feel the rush of the ocean, get onboard a fast train
          Travel on a jet plane, far away and breakaway
          I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly! I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
          And I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change and breakaway
          Out of the darkness and into the sun, I won't forget all the ones that I love
          I gotta take a risk, take a chance, make a change, and breakaway!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:19 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                              ωнσ αяє уσυ, ℓιттℓє ѕтяαиgєя؟
                                              αяє уσυ αfяαι∂, σf му ωαуѕ؟
                                              ωнσ αяє уσυ, ℓιттℓє ¢яєєρу єує
                                              ¢σмє σνєя, ι ωσи'т тєℓℓ уσυ иσ ℓιєѕ
                                              ¢σмє, נυѕт α ℓιттℓє ¢ℓσѕєя тσ мє
                                              ι ¢αи ѕнσω уσυ тнє мαgι¢ ωαуѕ

spaceFred was starting to wonder if they were running early for all the clubs; they seemed to consistently be one of the first to arrive. This time they were once again the youngest person in the room, apparently by a lot. At least this was a mostly academic club, or so they assumed. It might very well just be a cover for students to stay up late and gossip. They wouldn't mind that either, of course, but they weren't sure they'd have much to contribute, being a second year and not having really made any friends yet.

¢αи'т уσυ fєєℓ тнє тнυи∂єяѕ ιи тнє иιgнт
                                              ∂σи'т вє αfяαι∂, ιт'ѕ αℓяιgнт
                                              ωнαт уσυ киσω, ℓιттℓє ѕтяαиgєя
                                              ¢σмє σνєя, ι ¢αи тєα¢н уσυ нσω тσ яєα¢н тнє ѕку
                                              ι ¢αи тєα¢н уσυ тнє ωαу тσ ℓινє

wнere - Astronomy Club
                                              wнen - First Meeting 2052
                                              wιтн - who
                                              - ooc -
                                              blah blah blah

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

xXTiTaNsLaYaR1169Xx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:00 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
JOSEPH
MESCHO
EGAREVA

HufflepuffFirst YearEleven Years OldSingle |

Joe walked into the Astronomy tower with his telescope and Astronomy textbook. He wasn’t really super into stars or anything, he was just looking for something to do in the evening besides sit in the dorm on a weekend night and Astronomy club sounded like a cool place to hang out. You know, sit out under the stars, listen to some calm music, and just chill. There seemed to be two other girls there talking so Joe just found a spot and tried to remember how to set up his telescope.

OOC:
”Cinnabun Gryffie”

”addaellis”

”MJ Spooks”

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:29 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
JOSEPH
MESCHO
EGAREVA

HufflepuffFirst YearEleven Years OldSingle |

Joe jogged up to Astronomy Club. Climbing the stairs for class twice a week was bad enough, but he kept coming becuse Astronomy club was more relaxing than any other club sounded. Even if Sparrow was sometimes too energetic for him and Callie sometimes said the most confusing things, he generally liked club. Joe waved at the as he walked in ”Hi Callie, Hi Fred. Have a good winter break?” he greeted with a small grin.

He started to set up his telescope next to Fred as usual, glad for a fellow quiet person for company in club. Today though, he spoke up mischievously: ”So hey, what kind of prize does a star win in a competition?”

OOC:
MJ Spooks

xXTiTaNsLaYaR1169Xx

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:22 pm
User ImageUser Image

ωнσ αяє уσυ, ℓιттℓє ѕтяαиgєя؟
                                              αяє уσυ αfяαι∂, σf му ωαуѕ؟
                                              ωнσ αяє уσυ, ℓιттℓє ¢яєєρу єує
                                              ¢σмє σνєя, ι ωσи'т тєℓℓ уσυ иσ ℓιєѕ
                                              ι ¢αи ѕнσω уσυ тнє мαgι¢ ωαуѕ

spaceFred glanced up from their sketchbook when they heard their name. It took them a second to recall the student's name, but they were fairly confident it was Joseph. Joe, their mind helpfully supplied, after perhaps slightly too long a pause. "Good evening, Joe," they intoned dramatically, looking up at him through hooded eyes. "My break was well-spent and quite gloomy." Of course, most people would be off-put by the 'gloomy' descriptor, but Fred thought that a gloomy time was an excellent one to have. They weren't sure if Joe would realize that, though. "How was your own?" they asked, more out of politeness than anything else. Small talk about holidays wasn't really their preferred topic of conversation.

spaceTheir brow furrowed slightly at his question, confused for a moment before noticing his expression. A joke, he was setting up a joke, right? They hummed thoughtfully, wondering at the punchline.
                                              "I couldn't guess," they replied, "do tell." Really, Fred wasn't one for most comedy, but they understood the fundamentals well enough to appreciate a good joke. Or to groan and roll their eyes at a bad one. This seemed to be likely to be a groan-worthy pun, if they had to guess. Or maybe they were wrong, and it was terribly clever.

¢αи'т уσυ fєєℓ тнє тнυи∂єяѕ ιи тнє иιgнт
                                              ∂σи'т вє αfяαι∂, ιт'ѕ αℓяιgнт
                                              ωнαт уσυ киσω, ℓιттℓє ѕтяαиgєя
                                              ¢σмє σνєя, ι ¢αи тєα¢н уσυ нσω тσ яєα¢н тнє ѕку
                                              ι ¢αи тєα¢н уσυ тнє ωαу тσ ℓινє

wнere - Astronomy Club
                                              wнen - January 2053
                                              wιтн - Joe
                                              - ooc -
                                              blah blah blah

xXTiTaNsLaYaR1169Xx

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers