Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Hogwarts Astronomy Club ~ Open [2055 - 2056] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SherbertLemondrop

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 9:01 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Xeno’s mind was in a million different places as she made her way up to the Astronomy Tower. She was usually full of energy when it came to Astronomy Club but for some reason, today she was already getting sleepy. She was tempted to just pull out a blanket and sleep. She shook her head at the thought. She had a job to do. Then again…

She pulled out the fuzziest blanket she had in her bed and laid it out. She sat down before falling back with a yawn. It couldn’t hurt to lay down for a minute.

════════════════════════

null

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 9:05 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                  Lily was taking the steps up to the Astronomy Tower three at a time. She had promised Xeno she wouldn’t be late again and she intended to keep that promise even if it meant pulling herself out of a particularly comfortable armchair in the Ravenclaw common room.

As she bounded into the tower she slid to a stop with a smug little smile. “First!” She called over to Xeno, who had already made herself a nest. Lily then pulled out an astronomy book from her bag. “So I was reading the book you lent me and it talks about the Boötes Void and it said that it was 700 million light years from Earth and I was wondering, though I honestly probably should know, how do they have any idea how far away it is?”

Lily moved toward Xeno. If anyone knew of the top of their head, it would be her. She knew she was likely in for a lengthy explanation.

OOC:

null

SherbertLemondrop

Cinnabun Gryffie

Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:50 am
User ImageUser Image
xxWʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Astronomy Tower
xxxWʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Ms Spencer and Ms Knapp
xxxxWʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Astronomy Club
xxxxxWʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Hopefully I'm not intruding on anything!

While working on some super fun paperwork in her office, Phoebe sighed heavily. It was such a lovely, clear night and she was stuffed up in her office? Not so! She grabbed her warm sweater and her beloved pop-down telescope and headed up the stairs. Hearing some voices, she remembered tonight must be a meeting of the Astronomy Club. Honestly, she figured she really should check in on them more frequently. With a soft knock on the door frame, Phoebe softly asked, "Do you lovely dears mind if your stuffy old Astronomy Professor joins for a while? The night beckons this eve." Hopefully they wouldn't have a problem with her sitting in to watch the stars.

SherbertLemondrop

Fᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ ᴍʏ ᴡᴀʏ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋɴᴇss, ɢᴜɪᴅᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴀ ʙᴇᴀᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ
I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴇʏ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴇɴᴅ, ʙᴜᴛ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴛᴀʀᴛ
Tʜᴇʏ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ I'ᴍ ᴛᴏᴏ ʏᴏᴜɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴀɴᴅ
Tʜᴇʏ sᴀʏ I'ᴍ ᴄᴀᴜɢʜᴛ ᴜᴘ ɪɴ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ
Wᴇʟʟ ʟɪғᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴘᴀss ᴍᴇ ʙʏ ɪғ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴏᴘᴇɴ ᴜᴘ ᴍʏ ᴇʏᴇs, ᴡᴇʟʟ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ғɪɴᴇ ʙʏ ᴍᴇ
Sᴏ ᴡᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴜᴘ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪᴛ's ᴀʟʟ ᴏᴠᴇʀ, ᴡʜᴇɴ I'ᴍ ᴡɪsᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ I'ᴍ ᴏʟᴅᴇʀ
Aʟʟ ᴛʜɪs ᴛɪᴍᴇ I ᴡᴀs ғɪɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ I ᴡᴀs ʟᴏsᴛ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 6:03 pm
User Image
✸Jaelah✸Aindrias✸
Slytherin ~ Fifth Year
Quidditch (Keeper) ✸ Astronomy ✸ Herbology

"It's like a treasure hunt, in a way"

Jaelah was glad she had stayed with astronomy club, they had welcomed her back with open arms - and enjoyed looking at the sky together. She was very awake by time astronomy club met next, she had plenty of coffee just to make sure she wouldn't sleep. As she got to the tower she saw Xeno already there, potentially asleep, Lily, and Professor Clarke. What a nice little group, "Hey guys, what's going on?" she said softly.

"And you're a detective. Get searching!"

Where: astronomy club
Wearing: sweat pants, green sweater
Thoughts: it's nice here

Quote:

Quote:

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

SherbertLemondrop

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 11:11 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Xeno’s eyes seemed to cloud over as she stared at the sky. She didn’t even acknowledge the others who had entered. There was a familiar chill up her spine and she felt tingles go throughout her body. Though no one else would notice anything different, except that she maybe looked a bit zoned out, for Xeno, things changed.

As she watched, the moon grew full and in another moment she was no longer in the Astronomy Tower. She was…somewhere on Hogwarts’ grounds. She could make out the Forbidden Forest in the distance. She felt someone brush past her then another, coming the other way, but she couldn’t see anyone.

Then there was a sudden flash of purple…or was it red?

A crash of thunder seemed to take her to another place. Now she was within the Forbidden Forest, the only light coming from the full moon. She noticed a feeling of fear creeping up her throat and suddenly she was sure she was being watched. There was a loud sound that definitely wasn’t human. Then she was tumbling down a small hill, hitting brush as she went down.

The last thing she noticed was a taste in her mouth. Something bitter but…sugary? Whatever it was, it didn’t mix well.

She let out a raspy breath and she turned toward the others in the tower. Words came from her mouth in a voice that sounded almost strained.

“In the hour of the hunter’s moon
                                                      when the night it veiled in mystery,
                                                      One will tread the path of shadows.
                                                      Beneath the silver sky, their face will shift, the eyes will gleam
                                                      There, an ancient wild
                                                      The forest will echo with a haunting cry
                                                      Marking the rise of the beast within”

Then Xeno blinked several times, hearing her name as though it was somewhere very far away. She was back in the Astronomy Tower, looking at the club members and Professor Clarke, who she hadn’t even seen come in. “Did what I think happened just happen?” She crinkled her nose.
                                                      She’d had visions before but they never got less confusing and she didn’t really like having them. They rarely turned out well for others involved.

════════════════════════

Stefan Lee Salvatore
                                                  Cinnabun Gryffie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 12:13 am
User ImageUser Image
xxWʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Astronomy Tower
xxxWʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Ms Spencer, Ms Knapp, Ms Aindrias
xxxxWʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Astronomy Club
xxxxxWʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Oh dear, this is going to be a mess

Phoebe grinned over as Jaelah joined the room. The professor was just about to set up her telescope when she noticed a very strange sight. Xeno Knapp, one of the few true Seers she'd met, was getting all foggy eyed. Phoebe had seen the same in Professor Sutton shortly before... oh dear. The woman moved fast, casting the Prophecitic Charm. It was rare she'd seen it in use, and honestly, it was her first time casting the charm.

A small glass orb floated just in front of her, thankfully right as Xeno started speaking. Hunter's Moon, mystery... face shifting. Oh no. The rise of a beast? There was only one creature Phoebe could think of. As Xeno started to come to, Phoebe lurched forward to catch the orb, now swirling with the teen's words. She seemed frustrated, but seemed to know what had happened. "Yes indeed, my dear. I do believe your thinking is correct. But worry not, everything got recorded and I'll keep this safe." She sighed softly, wishing she knew more about who had been seen in the vision. Perhaps she should ask more questions, or perhaps she should ask Kathir to speak with the girl, given he'd had his own visions before and knew more what it was like.

SherbertLemondrop

Fᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ ᴍʏ ᴡᴀʏ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋɴᴇss, ɢᴜɪᴅᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴀ ʙᴇᴀᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ
I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴇʏ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴇɴᴅ, ʙᴜᴛ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴛᴀʀᴛ
Tʜᴇʏ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ I'ᴍ ᴛᴏᴏ ʏᴏᴜɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴀɴᴅ
Tʜᴇʏ sᴀʏ I'ᴍ ᴄᴀᴜɢʜᴛ ᴜᴘ ɪɴ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ
Wᴇʟʟ ʟɪғᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴘᴀss ᴍᴇ ʙʏ ɪғ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴏᴘᴇɴ ᴜᴘ ᴍʏ ᴇʏᴇs, ᴡᴇʟʟ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ғɪɴᴇ ʙʏ ᴍᴇ
Sᴏ ᴡᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴜᴘ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪᴛ's ᴀʟʟ ᴏᴠᴇʀ, ᴡʜᴇɴ I'ᴍ ᴡɪsᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ I'ᴍ ᴏʟᴅᴇʀ
Aʟʟ ᴛʜɪs ᴛɪᴍᴇ I ᴡᴀs ғɪɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ I ᴡᴀs ʟᴏsᴛ

Cinnabun Gryffie

Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 10:21 am
User Image
✸Jaelah✸Aindrias✸
Slytherin ~ Fifth Year
Quidditch (Keeper) ✸ Astronomy ✸ Herbology

"It's like a treasure hunt, in a way"

Out of no where Xeno sat up and started talking very weirdly in some sort of riddle, "Well...that was weird. You okay over there Xeno? Did you get possessed or did you just decide to start spouting poetry at random?" Professor Clarke seemed to know what was going on, but Jaelah was still convinced this entire thing was just weird, why had professor Clarke recorded it? There was no need to record such random spoutings this was astronomy club, not poetry club. Well...if Xeno wanted to spout poetry, than so be it. Maybe she would be a great poet Laurette one day. Jaelah dug around in her bag and pulled out a thermos of hot coffee and offered it to Xeno, "It's coffee, I...don't know if you're old enough to have coffee but it's warm?"

"And you're a detective. Get searching!"

Where: astronomy club
Wearing: sweat pants, green sweater
Thoughts: it's nice here

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2024 2:54 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                  “Uh, Xeno?” Lily asked when the girl didn’t respond. She cocked an eyebrow as Xeno began to talk in a strange voice. It was then she finally put together what was happening. She knew Xeno was a seer but she’d never seen it happen. The only of Xeno’s visions Lily even knew about was when Xeno’s brother had set their house on fire. She couldn’t pull her eyes away from Xeno as the words left her mouth. She felt a shiver all the way up her spine. Xeno had been right. It was creepy.

Professor Clarke however, seemed prepared. She cast a spell Lily had never heard before and a glass orb appeared, almost as though it was being created from Xeno’s words themselves. There was a moment of quiet before Xeno seemed to come out of it. “Weird,” was all Lily could manage at the moment. Luckily the other people in the tower seemed to be more on top of it.

OOC:

null

SherbertLemondrop

SherbertLemondrop

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2024 2:57 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Xeno noticed all the eyes on her felt a blush come up to her cheeks. Great. The thing Xeno liked about having so many siblings is that she never had to be the center of attention. So, of course some cosmic entity had decided that she was the one who’d be “blessed” to be a seer. She wondered absently, for the millionth time, if her father had been a seer too. The only thing Xeno knew for sure about her father was that he was a wizard and that, according to Kandace, had the same hair as Xeno.

Xeno watched Professor Clarke carefully as she spoke about recording the prophecy. “Thanks,” she mumbled, managing a small smile. Her attention then turned to Jaelah who looked very confused, but was offering coffee. Xeno didn’t need to be asked twice. She drank solidly for a few seconds, not even stopping to breathe. She pulled it away and took a deep breath, steadying herself. “That was a vision,” Xeno explained to Jaelah. “I’m a seer. Unfortunately it happens sometimes.”

“What does it mean?” This time the question came from Lily.

Xeno shrugged. “No clue. If you ask me, prophecies never make a lick of sense.” Xeno shook her head, then to herself said, “Neither can live while the other survives. Nonsense. All of them.”

“What?” Lily asked.

“Nothing,” Xeno said with a sigh.

════════════════════════

null

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas